Re: NELUG Table #1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 14:08:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Eric,

That looks fantastic!  I love the aesthetic appearance of the baseplates
taking up the entire surface, it really gives a great impression.  I'm very
excited to see how it looks!
Quickqestion, though - it looks like the bolt heads aren't quite flush with
the wood surface on the sides of the table - is there going to be any problem
setting tables against each other side by side without a gap between them?
There might be some countersinking that I'm not seeing, I was just curious ...

Well you are right in that the bolts are not countersunk but that is because it
is not necessary.  All of the bolt holes in all of the tables are going to line
up so the bolts will actually be used to hold the tables together.

You can't tell in the picture but those are 2.5" bolts so they are a bit long
for just holding a leg onto the table but that was so they could pass through
and hold the table and a leg together all at once.  I plan on starting work on
Table #2 tonight and will post pictures when I am done of the two tables joined
together.  That should give you a good idea of what I am doing.

On a related note, I realize that Iforgot to volunteer some of my items for
the show - I have a completed 2-story office building all done, and I'd still
like to try and get a motorized multi-action fire scene in place.  We'll see
how that goes...

Well of course the more the merrier.  I also want to remind people that setup
for the train show is Friday December 1st in the evening so for us this is
really a 2.5 day event.  As things get closer I will post more and more about
the show and what we need to do to get finished.

One thing we do need is a table skirt.  If someone can research that a bit it
would be helpful.  The skirt needs to be 29-30 inches wide and 40 feet long.
Of course it can be sectional and we can probably get away with some sheets cut
to size but if someone can see what it would cost for a real skirt it would be
appretiated.  I would guess a party store and some department stores would have
these.

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

http://www.nelug.org/tables/