Re: NELUG Table #1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:01:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Tim Courtney writes:
"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
Well of course the more the merrier.  I also want to remind people that
setup for the train show is Friday December 1st in the evening so for us
this is really a 2.5 day event.  As things get closer I will post more and
more about the show and what we need to do to get finished.

Cool, I'll be sure to keep that open so I can be there to help out.  What's
the location (realtive to Wenham??)

Here are the directions as printed in the Greenburg flyer:

The Shriners Auditorium is located 12 miles north of Boston.  Take I-93 to Exit
39, turn right onto Concord Street, go 1/4 mile then turn left on Fordham
Road.

For you Tim it is about the same distance from you as I am.  Maybe a tad
further.  Just more North than I am.

Umm - how much room is there and would there be a desire/need for an LDraw
presence?  I've got the ldraw.org vinyl banner and Kidvention posters - I
could bring some models which correspond to them and talk.  If its not the
time or place I understand, just volunteering.

Well for this show all we have is the 10'x10' space and that is all dedicated
to the layout.  So not this time.  Besides I just want to get a foothold for
now in this show.  Remember this is a Train show, not a LEGO show.  I just
don't want to bombard people the first time out.

Besides that, I have a fire truck to volunteer....if you want to have a
parade on one of the streets, why not have small rolling classic space sets
as floats?  I'm looking at this little set that I have in front of me which
would be perfect for that.  Maybe a banner they're pulling 'LEGO: The Way It
Used To Be.'

The floats are a possibility as well if someone wants to work on them.  And
like I said before we could also have a "King Richard's Fair" type amusement
park that would allow for some Castle stuff to be displayed as well.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/