Subject:
Update on set up of the Castle display at TCS.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:57:34 GMT

Hey all,

I talked with Crispin today and he is very much looking forward to our set up.
Right now April is booked but he said that we could set up our display on
Sunday April 30th if we wanted.  We can do this during store hours which are
from Noon-6pm.  So try and keep that date free.  If you can't make this date
but would still like to include a model let us know and we can work something
out.

Also I have come up with a very simple, almost exactly 16"x16" BURP cliff
section that if we can reproduce it we can use as a facade for the glass cubes.
I will post pictures soon but basically each section consists of...

35 Gray or DkGray Rectangular Burps.
28 Gray or DkGray 2x2 Bricks
14 Gray or DkGray 1x2 Bricks
5  Gray or DkGray 2x6 Plates
4  1x2 Technic Beams
2  Technic pegs.

I know that the 35 rectangular Burps is a lot but otherwise this is very
simple.  It is 7 rows of 5 Burps stacked on top of each other with each row
offset back 1 stud.  There are 4 2x2 bricks in each row to fill the gaps
between the BURPs and 2 1x2 bricks to serve the same purpose on the ends.  The
Technic beams go on the ends of the 2nd and 7th row on the bottom of the BURP.
The 5 2x6 Plates just fill up the space on the BURP on the top row.

Hopefully that sounds pretty easy.  It ends up being about 15.75" x 16" but
that is pretty good I think.  I unfortunately only have enough for 1 of these
so if you can do one please let us know.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: