Re: Building meeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:40:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:

1) You can't bring your whole collection to the meeting, so you might be
limited in pieces.

This isn't necessarily a con in all instances.  Sometimes limitations are fun.

True.  I was also considering that this might lead to some amount of incidental
part-trading, because people would have bits of their collections with them-
and if I need a part that you happen to have and aren't using, I could trade
you for it then or maybe give you things I knew I have at home.

Hey, actually, now that I think of it, don't I owe you some unspecified parts,
Eric?  You supplied me with a grey ladder, if memory serves.

2) We would probably need to investigate someplace new to hold the meeting,
as
our usual spots don't have the space or structure required.

Depending on where and when and how much maybe NELUG can defray some of the
costs of this.  We can talk later as things progress.

True, although if we can find free space so much the better.  There has *got*
to be some kind of free meeting area available somewhere.  Maybe a public
library, or a town hall, or something.

Like I said I am all for it and I hope that we can do it at a time when I can
attend.

Heh heh.  I know what you mean.  I, for one, will be out of town for the next
couple weeks, but I wanted to get discussion on this idea started before I
forgot or talked myself out of thinking it was a good idea.

eric