Re: Building meeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:24:49 GMT

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
news:G1K7KF.JFy@lugnet.com...
Hey guys,

A post I just made to lugnet.people got me thinking.  I don't know how • feasible
this might be, but bear with me...

We've had meetings about a lot of different things- setting up NELUG, • talking
about Legos, planning displays, playing BrikWars, discussing (ahem) • aspects of
NELUG's makeup, and so on.  People have brought lots of stunning MOCs to • these
meetings, and that's great- there's nothing I love as much as seeing • someone's
really cool creations.

But one thing that's never gone on as far as I know is just plain getting
together and building MOCs.  I mean, a meeting where people throw some • bricks
they think they'll use for a given project in a tub and all congregate and • sit
around a chew the fat while they build.  Is this something that people • would be
interested in trying to put together (no pun intended)?  There's been a • lot of
talk about a NELUG Clubhouse and a NELUG LEGO Collection, and so on, but • we've
never actually gotten together and just built.

Good idea!

I know that Josiah Nicely is working on arrangements to come up to the area
from RI this weekend.  He wants BrikWars, but perhaps we could do a little
of both?  The plan so far is Saturday - a few of you know about this.  We'll
need a meeting place - but it would be cool if you all could make it.

Let me know what's up - he's supposed to call for more arrangements in an
hour from now - having a place to meet would be a definite plus.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne