 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 704 (-20)
  Re: Age limitations - my two cents

(...) That brings up an interesting point... Suppose there were a group of NELUGgers in, say, Hartford, CT. If all of them were comfortable with having a 15 year old member, or judging on a case-by-case basis, should the opinions of the core Boston (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Meeting: 07/12/2K, 19:30:00

I have just reserved the private room at Bison County in Waltham for 19:30:00 (7:30pm) for the evening of 7/12/2K. I told them there would be about 10 people there (based on the responses I've gotten to date) but the room can hold about 4 times that (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations - my two cents

(...) Ok..I'll apologize for this one, as I said, I haven't met anyone, and spoken with much of anyone, so am unsure of everyone's ages. (...) True enough, though I'm unsure about people like me, people in contact with the group, but not in (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations - my two cents

(...) I'm not sure that's completely true -- Karen and I are both also 25. (...) People who take part but not much should have a voice. People who don't take part at all is different, don't you think? (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations - my two cents

Shiri Dori wrote: <snip> Hello all, It's always interesting to see what goes on here while I'm away. Well after reading the insane amounts of posts from yesterday, I couldn't help but post one myself. I guess I am what could be termed a lurking (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Ah, I see. It's a simple misunderstanding. I don't care if you discuss this all over Lugnet, by all means, Shiri asked you to, go ahead. But when you post things like this statement: (...) to lugnet.org.us.nelug (in (URL) with no crossposting, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

In lugnet.org.us, Richard Franks writes: <snip> I just read this whole subtree and I would like to reiterate Frank's call for setting followups on posts carefully. If what you are discussing is generic to all LUGs, it ought to be to org.us NOT to (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us)

  (canceled)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) babysit, that should be sufficient. Shiri has demonstrated a maturity level that I feel would put some of the rest of us to shame (at age 16 that is). And if her family offered to sign a waver, that would be ideal. Just keep her away from the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Excellent point, Andy ... I had been a fan of Bram Lembrecht's work for a long time prior to MIT Mindfest '99, and I always thought he was in his thirties. Imagine my shock when I met him, and learned he was on track to graduate high school (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) This is off-topic in this group -- it would be better to move it to lugnet.org.us. This is, after all, the newsgroup/mailing list *for* NELUG. If you mean it to be a discussion for people other than NELUG, it's better placed somewhere else. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) because (...) I (...) a (...) This is all well and good. Your decicions, at your meet, at your club. I do not contridict myself. You keep asking to let it lie, (which you can ASK all you want,) but the ORIGINAL poster(Shiri) asked for a public (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

Peter White <aztekium@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:Fx62FG.42q@lugnet.com... (...) . (...) . (...) Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations gives credit to Groucho Marx (1959), the original line being: "I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

I'm all for the age rule. I keep thinking that I wouldn't want to hang out with the teenage me. But it doesn't mean we have to be strict. I mean, if Shiri really wants to hang ou with a bunch of elderly people, perhaps we should allow it. Its not an (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Yes. I agree that that is force. (...) I don't believe it was a joke. I agree. Hopefully the poster will mature beyond that stage. Chris (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Jeez. I in no way meant to belittle or demean the great work that Eric K did to get NELUG going. By saying that "all it took" was a lot of time and effort, I meant to recognise that he did invest quite a bit of effort into it. On the other (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

Todd, If I may be so bold, I would like to recommend an additional question that may be relevant to your poll. * If you are an adult and you belong to a club/group with younger ( e.g. 16-17 ) members, do you feel that their presence in the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Pretty sure it's in Annie Hall (though he could have used the quote in more than one film...) John (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I'm now pretty sure you're right. I have it associated with Allen because he was quoting Marx in one of his standup asides he does in some of his movies. IMDB was no help. Enshuldingen! ++Lar (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Disagree. Lorbaat is wrong again. As he is so very often ;-). I speak from experience in keeping a 300 person PC club alive for several years. It *is* "special or magic" to find a person in an area to form a nucleus and be a catalyst. Starting (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact