Re: Age limitations - my two cents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 02:14:30 GMT

Mike Zinkowsky wrote:
    Matthew Miller wrote:

People who take part but not much should have a voice. People who don't take
part at all is different, don't you think?

True enough, though I'm unsure about people like me, people in contact with the
group, but not in person...

That brings up an interesting point...

Suppose there were a group of NELUGgers in, say, Hartford, CT.  If all of them
were comfortable with having a 15 year old member, or judging on a case-by-case
basis, should the opinions of the core Boston NELUGgers stop them?

If there somehow were more of them than there were NELUGgers in Boston, and
they voted to change the age requirement, should that be enforced in Boston?

I think the answer to both of these questions is 'no', mostly because the groups
would/should act pretty much independantly.  Any other way doesn't seem logical
to me.