Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:56:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Richard W. Schamus writes:

I never leaped to poke anything. I just don't want the
question to be "politely" swept under the rug of a NELUG meeting, just • because
you say it should be. What ever you decide for Shiri is up to you (NELUG). I
have no, (and should have no), bearing on your determination. I just think
that repeated attempts to quash opinion in the matter by some, saying that it
should be private are not within the bounds of the original poster's wishes. • I
didn't start the discussion. We (LUGNET) are not forcing you (NELUG) to make • a
decision publicly, (or privately for that matter). What ever reasons you feel
that we are forcing you to do so, is totally put upon you by yourselves.

But when we say we will discuss it at a meeting, you say we are attempting to
stop people from talking about it.

I really can't understand what it is you're trying to say.  I am trying very
hard because, believe it or not, I do want to.  But you seem to contradict
yourself.

The question remains. Why an age limit for those who have demonstrated
maturity?

And the same answer remains, whether or not you find it satisfactory:  We
want(ed) it that way.  The decision to keep it that way or not will be decided
at a NELUG meeting, not in a public forum.  It is NELUG club business, and
deserves closer attention and discussion.

That's just the way it is.

eric

This is all well and good. Your decicions, at your meet, at your club. I do
not contridict myself. You keep asking to let it lie, (which you can ASK all
you want,) but the ORIGINAL poster(Shiri) asked for a public forum, which is
beyond YOUR realm and sphere of control. I'm sorry you feel attacted, but I'm
not the attacker. I'm just keeping you (and others) FOCUSED.

I have stated before and will say again, that I respect NELUG decision to be
EXCLUSIONARY.  But at the end of the day her, posting in LUGNET, you actually
are NOT part of the actual discussion. GO. Talk amongst yourselves. Shiri
asked us to talk about it her. And nothing you say will change that. Whether
you feel angry or attacked or abused. It's not your decision that we talk
about it here. How much clearer can I be? Your opinion here (in Shiri's LUGNET
post requesting that we talk about it) doesn't matter.

Let's go over it one more time, just so you get it.

1) SHIRI requests a LUGNET to talk about it.

2) We discuss it.

3) You chime in with hurt feelings about the discussion, (which is your right
but not your jurisdiction to stop).

4) You continue to bait me into a debate that sadly, you don't realize you
already won, (err... didn't I say that I agreed with you about NELUG's
decision? I thought that I had about 5 times already).

5) The Question for LUGNET (err... n-o-t E-r-i-c) is, should age limitation be
be a factor in local LUG membership.

6) Though you (E-r-i-c), may wish to keep pounding away at the rock so that it
will just go away, you are not the author of the original post, so you are not
the one to end the discussion.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****