Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 04:48:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Richard W. Schamus writes:

I never leaped to poke anything. I just don't want the
question to be "politely" swept under the rug of a NELUG meeting, just because
you say it should be. What ever you decide for Shiri is up to you (NELUG). I
have no, (and should have no), bearing on your determination. I just think
that repeated attempts to quash opinion in the matter by some, saying that it
should be private are not within the bounds of the original poster's wishes. I
didn't start the discussion. We (LUGNET) are not forcing you (NELUG) to make a
decision publicly, (or privately for that matter). What ever reasons you feel
that we are forcing you to do so, is totally put upon you by yourselves.

But when we say we will discuss it at a meeting, you say we are attempting to
stop people from talking about it.

I really can't understand what it is you're trying to say.  I am trying very
hard because, believe it or not, I do want to.  But you seem to contradict
yourself.

The question remains. Why an age limit for those who have demonstrated
maturity?

And the same answer remains, whether or not you find it satisfactory:  We
want(ed) it that way.  The decision to keep it that way or not will be decided
at a NELUG meeting, not in a public forum.  It is NELUG club business, and
deserves closer attention and discussion.

That's just the way it is.

eric