Re: June 7th Meeting report:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:02:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:
Interestingly
though Todd owns lugnet.com and lugnet.org but not lugnet.net .

It's not that odd.  Lugnet is not a not-for-profit organisation

It is non-profit in the sense that it's not currently profitable; however,
it is not currently a not-for-profit organisation.

(which is
what .org is for), nor is it a network service provider (which is what
.net is for).  For the same reason, NELUG shouldn't register nelug.com or
nelug.net.

That's why I thought it was odd that Todd does own lugnet.org .  Maybe it
was something he did when he had the origional idea for LUGNET and later
switched to .com but he does also own .org

lugnet.com was registered on 16 Jan 1997 and lugnet.org was registered on
18 Sep 1998.  The lugnet.org domain is for future expansion.

--Todd