Re: June 7th Meeting report:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:31:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:

One somewhat significant item came up durring our discussion that had to do
with protecting NELUG and more specifically the www.nelug.org domain name from
some corporation or organization called "New England Lovers of Upchucked Goo"
or something that thinks they have some right to the NELUG name and
the nelug.org domain name.

Has someone actually been contacted with respect to this by a real company, or
are you talking about a hypothetical situation?

If the former is true, this is a fairly serious topc, and we should definitely
talk about this seriously here on Lugnet so we can all be aware of what's going
on and discuss our options for reaction.

eric