Re: June 7th Meeting report:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 17:00:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:

Interestingly
though Todd owns lugnet.com and lugnet.org but not lugnet.net .

It's not that odd.  Lugnet is not a not-for-profit organisation (which is
what
.org is for), nor is it a network service provider (which is what .net is
for).
For the same reason, NELUG shouldn't register nelug.com or nelug.net.

That's why I thought it was odd that Todd does own lugnet.org .  Maybe it was
something he did when he had the origional idea for LUGNET and later switched
to .com but he does also own .org

D'oh.  I misread.

Yeah, I'm sure he has a good reason.  I can actually think of an argument for
Lugnet being a non-profit, but there's obviously a big ol' legal difference,
and obviously I know nothing about the legal workings of Lugnet, so I'll hesh
up now.

eric