Re: LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > The Times
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:47:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.general, Dave Lovelace wrote:
I wish more AFOL's lived near me.  I jealously read posts about LUG's
where people regularly get together...there's nothing near me in CT!

If you live in middle CT like Darien or Hartford or whatever, you're
close to ENFIELD!!! LEGO Mecca for the continent. And you are not
far from Western MA where a new node of NELUG is getting active even
as we speak.

NELUG is near you, wherever you are in CT. NELUG is working to be
more than just a Boston area club and is actively seeking members
who want to get more nuclei of activity going. Seek them out. All it
takes is one or two AFOLs to get things rolling and it snowballs
nicely from there.

Yeah, we just had our first lunch meeting in Westfield MA.  I think
that's straight up Rt 10/202 from you.

Get on the NELUG mailing list.

  http://www.nelug.org

The folks from Boston talk way too much, but every once in a while
an opportunity pops up for us.  I'm more of a collector and a CAD
guy myself, but after the Train show in West Springfield last month
I decided I just had to build a house with a minivan.  It's ugly and
unfinished, with no minivan yet, but it's been a lot of fun so far.

  http://members.cox.net/dheyse/uglycape.jpg

Enjoy,

Don

PS.  Larry, Enfield is no Mecca.  There's no pick-a-brick or outlet
store.  Plus we have to pay shipping AND taxes for Shop-at-Home.