 General / 43466
Re: LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > The Times
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 03:48:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Dave Lovelace wrote:

What a cool thing it would be if there was a line of Town sets revolving around
a particular decade, starting with the '50s.  Every year another decade would be
covered, culminating after six years with the '00s (and in seven years we'll
have hit the '10s! perfect timing!).  Maybe afterward we could start going back
to the '40s, '30s, and '20s, until we've hit the Western theme.  :o)

'50s (total Americana stereotype):

#1955 - Record Store, 200 pcs, 4 figures (teens, shop owner), $19.95

Okay, here's my contribution.  I'm not sure how many pieces I used, and I tossed
it together pretty quickly tonight, so it could probably use some refinement.  I
really like the record store idea, so I ran with it.

http://www2.ci-n.com/~esdavis/shop/shop.html

Just imagine all of the printed tiles as record jackets.  I loosely based this
off from every record shop I've ever been in.  Since they all seem to look
pretty much alike, I'm assuming they looked pretty similar in the 50's.

I didn't have enough room for individual listening stations, so I tossed a
record-player in the corner by the door (I got a blurry picture of it by
removing the cash register).

My favorite part of the MOC was the jukebox.

Not much else to say.  Looking at it, I think I might sink the windows in from
the front face a bit, maybe add some arches, and some stickers (posters on the
wall, actual album covers, writing on the windows).

On the other hand, I kinda like how it looks like the place on the corner, where
all the kids hang out.

-Elroy