 General / 43451
Re: LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > The Times
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:03:03 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.general, Dave Lovelace wrote:
So although this post will get absolutely no attention at
all,

So much for THAT theory...

Number one post on LUGNET right now (if you look at top rated posts this way:
www.lugnet.com) is this one, with 5 spotlights and one highlight, and sure to
get more as more people see it.

:-)

++Lar

Well pick my nose and call me a pinecone (??)!  I'm stunned!

While I have everyone's attention, how fun would it be to make a LUGNET Idea
Book?  Script out a Bill 'n Mary story, figure out what types of events,
buildings, cars, time machines, etc., to include, and get EVERYONE at LUGNET
involved building these things all in mini-figure scale?

(Something tells me this sort of idea came up already...my more favorite ones
all usually do, and years beforehand)

It would be this insane, year-long culmination of LUGNET.  People who love
building, build.  People into CAD and LDRAW, take feature models and generate
plans.  People (like me) good at stuff like Photoshop, take everyone's digital
images, plus the plans, and make a book out of it all.  Crank out 300dpi PDF
files and upload them to cafepress.com and make non-profit, HQ books there.

THIS can bring back Bill and Mary.  My ideas only represent about 0.0001% of the
potential of a book like this.

Thanks for the spotlight everyone, and for the links to places like NELUG,
Larry!  You've made me realize that non-builders are not only welcome, but can
even contribute something.

--Dave (jot and jab)
LUGNET member #95 and damn proud of it

P.S.  Now watch...THIS will be the post no one sees.  ;o)