 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 2424 (-5)
  Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.

(...) Granted it can't be a long train but we could have a small "branch line" train running on it with 5-7 cars. This loop actually isn't much shorter than the inner loop of our first layout. (...) I do understand people like to connect roads but (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.

(...) I agree. I like the openness and the fact that there is 112 sections of siding track. I don't think I can compete with that, but I'll try. :-) The only real issue I have is that the third loop is a little small. Will we actually be able to run (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.

(...) Well here is another design and I'll be working on a variant of this one tonight. (URL) design is more rectangular, but still isn't a large box. Plus the roads all connect. Highlights: - Tom's layout is virtually extact to the way he his it (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.

I really like this layout. I also don't have an issue with larger fair grounds :) One thing I wanted to throw out there to see if people are still interested in doing it, is the idea of a subway. Like La Gorge, this would be a sunken table, BUT it (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Upcoming Greenberg shows.

(...) OK Here is my try number 3. (URL) are the highlights. 1. I have used a Model Railroading convention here. The roads don't have to connect on the layout, you just imagine that they connect somewhere off the layout. This gives us more room to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact