Re: Advance Notice: Brikwars 6/15or16/2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 02:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

DETAILS:  Currently being considered:

         TL2: Medieval Game
         TL4: SuperHeroes Game
         TL6: Future Mayhem

         Clearly, odd numbers are being shunned.  I'm leaning towards the
superheroes game or the space-age game, but there seems to be much interest
in a TL2 game as well.  Everybody has a voice, so rock the vote, people.  In
any case, there will definitely be some sort of objective, such as the famed
"get the 1x1 tile fest" that worked out really well last St. Patrick's Day.

Hi all,

Still no feedback on what type of game, eh?

Here's something that looked pretty interesting.  What if we had a TL6 game,
but laid out the territory differently?  As in, everybody who comes would have
to bring at least one 32x32 baseplate (or multiple of 32x32), built kind-of
"spaceship-y", with a 6 wide door in the middle of each side (which can be
blocked off at game time, if need be).  Then, the modules can be put together
at game time, in whatever configuration suits people.  Nobody would know ahead
of time what sort of modules others would bring, and the overall effect could
be a pretty interesting (and large?) spaceship with rooms, cooridors, access
areas, etc.

Just an idea.  Of course, we're now getting to the point where we have *lots*
of scenery available amongst many people, so outdoors/town settings look great
too.

Anyway, I'm just babbling :P

So, any votes yet?  Please rank the following items 1 to 3 in your order of
choice:

__ TL2
__ TL4
__ TL6

-s

Idea of modules is great.  We'll have to come up with some basic standards,
but we've got time.  Since I've always liked medival, I'll vote for a TL2
game with a labyrinth theme.  With my second choice being the TL6 space ship
theme above.

I've only played brickwars once and in the 15 minutes before my firey death
I had a lot of fun so I look foward to this one.  I am willing to host this
game just in case fire is again in my future I'll be able to play with my
toys.  I'm still not sure how to build a good army so if someone could
provide me with an army, I'd much appreciate it.

I'm living on the second floor of a two family house in Arlington.  I don't
have a 'single' room as big as Jorge's, but the living room and dinning room
have an 80" opening between them that we can put tables in to connect the
two rooms.  Arlington is easy to get to from almost anywhere, since I'm
close to I93, rt16, rt60, rt2, and rt 3a.

Jonathan D