Re: Advance Notice: Brikwars 6/15or16/2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 18:14:29 GMT

Grrr...  It's a conspiracy!  I have a wedding to attend on the 15th and my
nephiew's birthday is on  the 16th.  While I would obviously rather attend
brikwars I think my wife would inflict some sort of pain on me that I would
rather not endure.

On another note, I will be changing jobs as of the first of June.  I am going
to work in the family business.  This should reduce my stress level
considerably and while the work will be hard I should at least be working less
than the 100+ hours/week I have been putting in since the first of the year.
That will hopefully translate into more time for MOC's which have been few and
far between for the last year or more.

See most of you at the meeting next Tuesday,

Eric K.

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

WHO:   Any and all NELUGgers and NELUGettes, visiting dignitaries, etc
WHAT:  Brikwars
WHEN:  Weekend of June 15th/16th, time TBD
WHERE: TBD
WHY:   Because it's been far, far too long.  Let's be reborn for the first • time
all over again.

DETAILS:  Currently being considered:

         TL2: Medieval Game
         TL4: SuperHeroes Game
         TL6: Future Mayhem

         Clearly, odd numbers are being shunned.  I'm leaning towards the
superheroes game or the space-age game, but there seems to be much interest
in a TL2 game as well.  Everybody has a voice, so rock the vote, people.  In
any case, there will definitely be some sort of objective, such as the famed
"get the 1x1 tile fest" that worked out really well last St. Patrick's Day.

WHY ON EARTH AM I POSTING ABOUT THIS SO VERY EARLY:  I've looked at my
schedule.  Believe it or not, that weekend is my first free weekend starting
... on my mark .... NOW.  And I want anyone interested to be able to arrange
their schedules accordingly.

HOW:  2001 rules.  Available at www.brikwars.com.  The new ruleset is great,
and is wonderful for leisure reading as well.  Lots of good new information.
Lots of new details.  Lots of new quotes.  I now scoff at lame people still
stuck in the old days, who cling to BW2000.  Hop on the bandwagon: Evolve.

-s