 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 1889 (-10)
  Re: I can't hear you ........

(...) Just to examplify (example-ify, mind you) Shaun's reply, the magic rules were far too powerful and unbalanced. Ex #1: As I recall there's no near misses. In fact, there's really not much in the way of missing. Neil had a reaper-knight-guy who (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: A one time thing?

(...) I don't think anyone would hate you (how could they?) but you might find yourself being politely turned away at the door by someone. But I can't speak for the group. (...) I believe it's against NELUG rules for under-18 folks to attend (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: I can't hear you ........

(...) Ah, see, that's the hidden joke with the "Industrial revolution" sets... for extra play value, minifig hands, arms, and legs are all easily removable. Heh. eric (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: I can't hear you ........

(...) Hah. You think *you* don't like it? I want stuff to blow up, not sending Pilots on potty breaks. Blow up! Blow up! BLOW UP! eric (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  A one time thing?

OK, I'll be blunt. Would anyone hate me if I crashed a single NELUG meeting? I've been trying to arrange something to see people for the last time before I move, but the only date I can make would be in the week of the 31st. You are already having a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: I can't hear you ........

(...) The bathroom gig has happened to me twice - it's very irritating! Abondoning the safety of your mech to answer your bladder is humiliating. Eric Joslin has some uncanny knack for causing that to happen. Last game, there were two champions on (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: I can't hear you ........

(...) I (...) I agree in part ... but didn't Gandalf become tired as he cast spells, or as the spells became more powerful? And certainly some of them required various amounts of time to cast, as he had to speak incantations. I agree that part of (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: I can't hear you ........

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, James Howse writes: <Big Snip> (...) Oh I like the silliness. The last game I played -set on the Moon during the Cold War- we had two particularly silly events. One, a bomber pilot got hit, but instead of doing damage, the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: I can't hear you ........

(...) Prepare for a little stream of consciousness because I'm gonna be all over the place . . . It used to seem like Lego didn't want to have anything to do with licensing. But now it seems like that's all they do; Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: I can't hear you ........

(...) *I* agree... and it would be a bridge between "regular" LEGO and Technic J.- (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact