Re: Train Tables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:20:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
David - For our Manassas show, it's a one day event - Sat only... we can
get there at 7am and i believe it opens at 10?  So that's 3 hours total,
trains have to be running by 10, and everything under the tables.

For Greenberg, they put us nearest the doors, we load in friday night,
2-3 hour set up, come back sat morning, put on finishing touches, start
running trains, sunday for strike we are the first out typically, and
since we're nearest the door, we *have* to be quick, so others can get
their HO modules and such out, etc.

Ah, ok.. for some reason I seemed to remember being told it was about an
hour for setup at a train show-- must be the blurr from the Brickfest
affecting my brain. Our Greenburg experience is pretty close to yours
(except they don't put us close to the doors... awww). We get to set up the
previous evening (afternoon too, I think?), and a couple hours the day of
the show in the morning before the doors open. So we've never had to be
speedy :)

DaveE