Subject:
Brikwars Suggestion/Question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:08:17 GMT

I want to make a suggestion and see what some of you think about it.

I had so much fun doing the Tek 2 game with the lead in storyline and quest.
For me that was much more fun than the seat of the pants blow up everything
games (although I can see the draw for that as well).

Anyway I am wondering about what people think about expanding what we did for
the latest Tek 2 game for future Tek 2 games at least.

My suggestion would be to have a larger kingdom with each participant having
their own location that they are responsible for.  We would then try and have
some sort of continueing story based on what transpired in the previous game
and would change locations as the story warrents.

For example I am currently working on a Keep along the coast.  This could be my
location and one game the story could be that my "team" is camped out at my
location not suspecting anything when all of a sudden the other "team" storms
the keep when we were least suspecting.  We could say the attack came in the
early morning and only a minimal number of guards are awake, the rest are
asleep in the keep and have to jump out of bed and run out to join the battle.
Etc. Etc.

Then based on the outcome of that game we could come up with the story line for
the next Tek 2 game.  For example the attacking team could capture a nobel that
was visiting the keep and it is now our job to rescue the nobel.  Or we could
drive back the attack and decide we want revenge for the unprovoked attack and
attack one of the other teams strongholds.

We would have to decide whether "Main Characters" like heros and champions
stayed "dead" or if they regenerated after each game.  Of course it would help
the story if they stayed "dead" but what if someone has an emotional
attachement to their freaky looking character?

I think this could be a lot of fun and we can revisit locations over time and
can add new locations if the kingdom grows.  We could also have set alliances
so teams stayed the same until we decided to start a new storyline.  We could
also change alliances depending on how things progress.

Of course the game is more important than the story but just the little bit of
story we came up with for the previous game really added to the enjoyment of
the game from my perspective.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?  Does it sound like it could be
fun?  We could make it so that the person who's location is being used is
responsible for the organization and documentation of the story as well.  This
helps to spread out the organization responsibilities.

For those that don't have the resources for their own location they can team up
with others to build a joint location.

Either way I am just starting my Keep and will have more details later but I am
building it with Brikwars in mind so interior detail is going to be a priority
so that some room to room fighting might be a reality.

LMKWYT,

Eric Kingsley