 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 129 (-20)
  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) The flag poles are just rigid white plastic tubes that are inserted into one of those light grey rails... <part:6140> I'm not sure what set I got them in, though... Probably the Technic Beach Buster, but I don't remember offhand. (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Chris, Very nice, I like the colors a lot. I can tell you have been buying a lot of those cheap sets from KB. Keep up the good work. The window display is going to be awsome. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) My Creations (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

It looks pretty neat. I like the set of flags in the middle. What parts did you use for the flag-poles? Brad Chris Phillips <chris.phillips@comp...oards.com> wrote in message news:Fs3Bz0.2A1@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Lots to like. Innovative use of color, crisp photos, nice architecture, and I like the use of a mirror to show us more in one shot, although the mirror in the back works better than the mirror underneath the base place. I hope lots of pictures (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  (canceled)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Yes, the mirror was rather ingenious. Good job Chris! Keep it up! -Chris (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Thanks for the kind words! I must admit that I only used the blue because I didn't have enough white. And I only used the white because I didn't have enough grey. But I re-worked the upper floors a couple times trying to avoid that "I ran out (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Tre chic(1)! That's really nice. I love the blue coloring and the back window... the design is cool. I also like the creative photo, with the mirror to show the back... Great Job! -Shiri (1) Or however you say that... french is not my strong (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Castle Pictures Posted

I finally posted a couple pictures of the castle/keep that I built for the NELUG window display at The Construction Site. (Yes, that's a grey 48x48 baseplate that it's built on.) (URL) no interior yet, but the window display is still well over a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Brikwars Playtest Photos

(...) ...Well, he did file a report with Jain's Guide :-) (URL) (I cant wait for the follow ups :-) ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wildlink.com lugnet #160 (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars Questions?

(...) Well, I think what we'll try and do is have eveyrbody who comes field about 200-300 points worth of stuff, and then divide everybody up into two main forces. The scenario is basically that there is a small town that lies on the hub of major (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars Questions?

(...) I think (unless there is some kind of misunderstanding between Shaun and I, it's really his thing) we're going to be splitting up into two sides. I know Shaun was working on an element of "every man for himself" to be thrown in as well, but I (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars Questions?

(...) What kinds of battles are you planning on running? 200 point armies are kind of on the small side, are you going to have a big free-for-all between a dozen different players or are you going to divide everybody up into two or three teams? Will (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Brikwars Questions?

Hi all, It's been kind of quiet ... just wondering if there were any suggestions, questions, points to be made, etc., about the up- and -coming game. Does anybody have any developments or sneak-previews they'd like to share? Confusion about the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: ANNOUNCEMENT II: More Brikwars !!

(...) Shaun, Sounds better every time I think about it. Unfortunately I won't be able to build any more before the event either because of vacation or business. I will be there though with several buildings and my vehicle and troops. I will (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: ANNOUNCEMENT II: More Brikwars !!

Darn it, I did it again. Sorry Todd, hopefully this will not happen next time ... here's a version with the screwy spacing fixed: (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  ANNOUNCEMENT II: More Brikwars !!

All right, I figured it was high time I posted a followup with some clarifications and suggestions for the upcoming (APRIL 1st) Brikwars event. These are primarily logistical in nature ... there is one additional follow-up planned, which will (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars Playtest Photos

Wow, thanks Mike! This is high praise indeed, coming from the grand prophet of it all! You'll be pleased to know that playing went off without a hitch! Calm heads and continuous referencing of certain rules tomes prevailed to make a great (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars Playtest Photos

(...) Dig that! In the five years I've been working on BrikWars I never figured anyobdy else would have the gall to try and actually play the damn thing. You guys are my heroes. (...) upcoming BrikWars bash) you've got to let me know, I'll put a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  KB Toys just got back on my watch list.

Well I might be a little slow in this but KB is back on my stores to check list. At least in the Massachusetts area KB has not sold LEGO for a while until recently and even then they usually mark up about 5%-10% on the new sets so to me it was not (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact