Re: Brikwars questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:41:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jeff Johnston writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:

Sure, I don't see why not.  I don't think anyone's used them before, but it's
no biggy.  Don't go hog-wild or anything, though, making a sword that does
10d10 damage, that's all. :D

That'd be a hell of a lot of CP.  No, I was thinking about
minor improvements - one or two CPs worth.

Well, we figured out that you *could* build a single character with the 500
points, and he would be pretty much unstoppable.  Since there's nothing in the
rules directly limiting that, that's why we decided on the "no trooper can take
a given modification more than twice" rule.

I don't think we've ever been, just make sure your big guns are bigger than
your small guns, and have it all laid out on a piece of paper.  My attitude
has
always been "if you paid the points for it, you can have it".

Good. I figured that would be it, because a lot of ppl
seem to make models first and then assign Brikwars stats,
which is what I plan to do.

I think that is definitely what most NELUG BrikWars players do.

I think it depends on the kind of landspeeder.  If you mean like Luke's
landspeeder in SW, and you're just going to have it sitting on the ground on
those little curved-ship-bottom pieces, then yeah, it's a ground or tracked
vehicle, it just doesn't have wheels.

That was what I meant. Didn't even know Space Marines had
a different kind of landspeeder...and I meant a foot in
scale measurement, not real...

I figured, but it suddenly occurred to me that I could interpret what you wrote
two different ways... :D

OK. I just didn't want to be the only one using them.
If other folks are, then I might wind up doing it too.

You most assuredly won't be.

Came up with another question, though:

Organization - are we using any of the tactical organization
rules for stuff like squads and battalions and chains of command?

Gah.  I think for the most part we ignore the "chain of command" bits, although
we do require that troopers using combined fire be near a "commander" type guy
equipped with a radio.

eric