 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 1209 (-20)
  Re: Defend Yourself at Brikwars

(...) I'm going to try to make it, maybe with the co-general...er...wife. I've been whipping up some vehicles, and I'll *bring* the mech (but not use it - I'm not sure it's stable enough for a wargame). It really depends on the time - the wife has a (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Defend Yourself at Brikwars

(...) Unfortunately, I'll be off skiing with a few friends that weekend, but in the spirit of the event, I promise I'll try and work some destruction in on the slopes :) DaveE (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Defend Yourself at Brikwars

(...) Gah! And the fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and the fifth seal was broken, and Neil Silverman posted to Lugnet. :D I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that I will be there as well. I might even have a finished army or something. eric (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Defend Yourself at Brikwars

(...) It may seem obvious, or you may already know, but I will be there, and ready for carnage! I hope many others are as well, because my crack BlackTron Demolition Squad is going to need people to blow up. :-) Neil Silverman (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Defend Yourself at Brikwars

Robots! Troopers! Robot Troopers! Space-Age Cattle Prods! Nuclear Stinkbombs! Plasma Scissors! Monofilament Dental Floss! All this and more can be had, and used to mete out havoc, at next week's Brikwars event. February 3rd, at my apartment - (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars, February 3rd

I cant wait to see the pictures!!! Hope to see lots of carnage and little dead ABS men. -R (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Jambalaya Box?

(...) I can't help you with the piece you need (I don't think I have one of those in any color, although I could be wrong)- but the next "meeting" that I'm aware of is a BrikWars game. See: (URL) details. eric (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Jambalaya Box?

(...) Thank you for the offer Jeff. I don't know what it's called so I'll do my best to describe it. . . The shape is a 4x4x1 multi-sloped nose piece, like the ones on the front of the 7140 x-wing. It basically has 5 sloped surfaces and two studs on (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Jambalaya Box?

(...) I dunno - it was discussed a while ago but I didn't keep up with whether we did it or not. (...) Ask away, I might have it. J (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  NELUG Jambalaya Box?

Do we have one? I'm looking for a piece I thought I'd never need. Also are there any plans for the next meeting? sun (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars, February 3rd

(...) ...As always Jains (www.wildlink.com/lego/jain) would be happy to host a recap of the destruction if a "reporter" can get in place to give a good overview :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  BrikWars, February 3rd

The next NELUG BrikWars event is going to be held Saturday, February 3rd, 2001. Location: Once again, Shaun Sullivan's basement. The particulars for this battle are as follows: CP: 500 (you can spend up to 500 points on troops, vehicles, etc) TL: 5 (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: First NELUG Meeting of the New Millenium

Just a reminder that there will be a general NELUG meeting at my house in Walpole, MA tomorrow, Saturday January 6th, starting at noon and ending whenever. Check your NELUG e-mail for directions, and post here if you can (or need to) car pool with (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: train show

(...) How about Lionel, Hornby Doblo, Triang, Trix Twin, ect? The "fan" layouts are almost exclusively of one manufacturer, and do promote the stuff- although 3 of the 4 mentioned above are now defunct :( (...) give (...) (snipped stats) Yep. I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

Actually I don't have any big issue with having some of the LEGO train sets in the layout. Some of the sets I rather like. I will admit that rarely have any of the sets of the past 3 years shown up as permit aditions to the layout, but the classic (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) Since NELUG did this at the train show (along with showing off empty boxes for some sets), I'm relatively sure what Eric K is arguing against is showing off LEGO sets assembled and in the layout. I have to agree with him, there. eric (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Eric Kingsley writes: <snip> (...) I agree that it's not the LTCs job or purpose to sell train sets for LEGO, but I do think that the LTC have a purpose of not only displaying layouts but to promote the hobby of LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) I can totally relate to that statement. When I worked at the LEGO Imagination Center, I would hear that all the time. Parent & child would look at one of our displays, parent would say "That's impossible", child would look carefully and say (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

(...) You are correct in that the TCS display did have some stock sets but as you say that was kind of the point and it is their window after all. Train shows are not LEGO's "window" they are the clubs "window". My question is why should we try so (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: train show

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Frank Filz writes: <snip> (...) It was not my intention to suggest a display should be dummied down. Mediocity rules in so many things these days. I don't think excellence = intimidation. Well maybe for some adults ... kids (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact