 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 1019 (-20)
  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) I don't know if anyone is actually following my babbling about slings, but I have to correct the above. This is from email that went back and forth between Neil and Mike Rayhawk, and is the Final Word on what is going to happen with Throwing (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) Snip. Hello Shawn and all, I would like to participate, even though I'm not a proficient BrikWars general. I have a classic LEGO yellow castle looking for some action and a few good plastic men willing to defend it, but I'm not certain about (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

Gah. Slings. You'll note, if you read BW2000 carefully, that slings with stones are hands-down the best weapon in the game. Well, that is, if you're more concerned about point expenditure vs. effectiveness than you are about style, anyway... and of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message news:3A06C530.827EB5...rco.com... (...) ...anyone on their way up feel like stopping by Wenham to pick me up? :-) I'd really appreciate the ride, and it looks feasible because the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) Right. TL2 or lower, and this is as good a time as any to say that we kind revised the point totals down to about 225 per person. You don't have to have 225 points, but try not to exceed that amount by too much (and try to have your army (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

Hear Ye, Hear Ye Any and all are invited to participate in the first NELUG medieval Brikwars event, to be held at my place on Saturday, November 18th. The start time is open-ended - I will be awake and available to help set up at the crass-ack of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Greenburg Flyer Scan

Here is the scan of the Greenburg Flyer for those that would like to have a look. Please forgive the size of the file. I have several copies of this so if you want one let me know and I will save it for you. I will be getting one to TCS at some (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

You know I hear this fire proof stuff a lot from people here on LUGNET but have never been asked to provided fire proof skirts at any shows the NGLTC has done, Greenberg, GATS or even the NMRA shows. Maybe the fire standards are slacker in the south (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

Hello Eric, I recently asked the same question, just check out the replies to (URL) our (Northern Alberta LUG) first show, we were not required to use fire retardant material, so we used Walmart plastic table cloth. At $cdn1.99 each they were a (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Table #2: Answer to Shaun's question...

Well today was a good day in the table construction area. I got Table #2 done in under 2 hours. The Top of the table is simple, the bulk of the time is spent on the legs and drilling all the bolt holes so they line up. Here are pics of table #2 (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Table Skirts (was: Re: NELUG Table #1)

Just wondering if some of you that are "train show experianced" could help us out in terms of Table Skirts. We need to get Table Skirts for our upcomming Show and would like advice as to what the rest of you use and where you bought them and how (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(...) Not fireproof. (...) Not fireproof. Can be hung as a banner above the layout but not used for table skirting. ++Lar (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(...) Watch out! Most shows will require that table skirts are fireproof, and further, that you be able to prove it to their satisfaction, (as in... they still have their original tagging on them). Cutting sheets will NOT work. You may get away with (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Train Show Flyers... We're #1.

(...) There are enough people that have these that I don't think it's a good idea. MHO. ++Lar (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Layout perspective...

(...) Sorry, yes it is Track Designer which can be found here. (URL) has most baseplates in it so it could be of use to you. It takes a little getting used to but it will probably do what you are looking for. Eric Kingsley (...) that (...) will (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Layout perspective...

Can I ask a quick question? Is Layout Designer the same thing as Track Designer or Track Plan? I was sort of looking for something that would let me configure baseplates to get an idea how it would look. I haven't looked at the Track programs so I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Layout perspective...

(...) Well umm you are right of course but I didn't want to spend anything without group approval. Actually I have my catalog here. Give me some time to figure out the cost of doing this and then I will post something in the "Other Forum" to see (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Layout perspective...

(...) Why not? After all, we have that, umm, thing we were discussing in that, umm, other forum that could maybe help. I don't think it would be too taxing on... that is to say... Uh. Nevermind, I think you get the point. Why don't we go with this? (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Layout perspective...

I have been fooling around with Layout Designer and came up with a sample layout. I don't expect this to be our layout for the show but it is to the size of what we plan to do so it gives you some idea of the space we have to work with. (URL) if we (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Table #1

(*still struggling and trying to think of a suitable retort*) "where's all this smoke coming from?" -s (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact