Subject:
Layout perspective...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:03:29 GMT

I have been fooling around with Layout Designer and came up with a sample
layout.  I don't expect this to be our layout for the show but it is to the
size of what we plan to do so it gives you some idea of the space we have to
work with.

http://www.nelug.org/layout/layout.gif

Actually if we can do 2 trains running at the same time this is pretty much
what I would like the track to look like.  I realize that getting that many
baseplates probably isn't realistic however.  I also don't know if getting that
much track is realistic or not either (I am not planning on taking the track
off of my shelf railway for the show but if I have to...).

Anyway here is an inventory of what makes up this layout followed by what I
currently have in my collection to use for the layout.

137 - Straight Track
42  - Curved Track
1   - Right Point
3   - Left Points
82  - 32x32 Green Baseplates
31  - 32x32 Green Straight Road Baseplates
10  - 32x32 Green Curved Baseplates
8   - 32x32 Green T Junction Baseplates
1   - 32x32 Green Crossroads Baseplates

Here is what I have at the moment.  I may get more before the show.

52  - Straight Track
16+ - Curved Track
2   - 32x32 Green Baseplates (Plus 12 16x32 Green Baseplates)
6   - 32x32 Green Straight Road Baseplates
4   - 32x32 Green Curved Baseplates
2   - 32x32 Green T Junction Baseplates
2   - 32x32 Green Crossroads Baseplates

Plus

1   - 32x32 Gray Straight Road Baseplates
1   - 32x32 Green extra-wide Straight Road Baseplate
50+ - 16x32 Tan Baseplates
1   - 32x32 Blue Baseplate

I don't know what others have to contribute baseplate wise but I expect we will
have to be much more conservative than what the inventory for this layout
requires.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/