Re: Barriers for GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 18:50:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In a previous episode I wrote:
I'm about to find out how much plexiglass costs.

I called a plastics supply place in Ann Arbor. In the sizes I need...

3' x 7' x 1/4": $110
3' x 7' x 1/8": $66
3' x 5 1/2' x 1/4": $95
3' x 5 1/2' x 1/8": $57

Ouch. I may be paying a premium for the odd sizes, so 2' may be half as much.

Amy

Wow, that's some pretty expensive glass. We here at the NGLTC picked up
pre-cut 12"x24" 1/8" plexiglass sheets from Home Depot for just at $3.00
each. They're great since we can pretty much use them with any layout shape
(as long as the diminsions of the layout sides are even numbers).

Then we use those big black office binder clips
(http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expansionOID=-536879755&prodBlockOID=52737)
to hold the glass to the tables. The nice thing is that if someone comes up
and pulls on the glass the clips will give way and pop off, instead of the
glass breaking. And then we used the plasic binders for prestation folders
to hold the top of the glass pieces together and straight. The entire
solution was under $150.

You can see the glass in this picture
http://www.ngltc.org/GRNBRG2000/image21.htm

jt