Re: Barriers for GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 15:50:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Steve Ringe writes:
Hello Everyone,

I did some pricing on barriers this weekend.

Post and rope barrier rental: $12 a day or $24 a week per post.
                             $3 a day or $6 a week per 8' rope. (clip on type)

I found some posts for sale at about $75 each, ouch!

From what I have gathered so far, the post and rope idea is very expensive
unless we make our own posts.

Looks like it. 12 a day per post is a lot!!! for a 32x20 area with posts
every 8 feet around the perimiter that is 16 or so posts... boatloads of money.

I have an idea for making plexi-glass barriers that would clamp on to the
tables.

Is plexi available cheaply?

Maybe the reason people go barrier free is not because it's their first
choice in an ideal world but because the other approaches are too expensive.

++Lar