Re: GATS size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 00:04:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Chris Leach writes:

Here is a proposal for a 20x32 layout with a hollow center, the center area • is
7.5x16.  The open area on the end is 30" and would be a nice place to put a • few
bridges. Each rectangular area = 1 table.

LMKWYT
Steve i like it.Where on there were you thinking of puting the train yard?

I am going to put your airport, town, and my train yard onto the layout and
re-post it brickshelf.  How much did you want to expand your airport and in
what direction?
It won't be any bigger then at the last show.Do you have a copy of the last
show?I don't remember if i gave you one.If not it sits on 32 grey
plates(15x15in.) in a 4x8 pattern along with 12 runway plates along the 8
side edge.(12 standard plates is the same length as 8 pf the big ones.).I
think the differnt sized trains won't matter to much.We just have to keep in
mind when we design the track to give you enough space for turns etc.
Do you think it will look strange to have my 8-wides parked next to the
6-wides?

Yes, I have a copy of the Novi layout.