Re: GATS size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 20:49:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Steve Ringe writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Chris Leach writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Steve Ringe writes:
Chris,

Is the 20x32 area the size of our layout, or are we going to include our
2ft walkaround space in that area.  The reason I am asking is that a 20x32
area is a perfect match for table sizes.
Gentlemen, the 20x32 is the OUTSIDE dimension.So if we include a rope
barrier around the tables then we are really talking about a 16x28 area
table wise(with 2 ft. perimator) 18x30 with 1ft. etc. Yes GATS provides
tables i just have to call them back when we have a final number.
Great question.

Some other ones...

Are we thinking 2 tables thick?
Hollow center with a work table? (I am a strong proponent of that, of course)
Some sort of rope barrier or something, or just let the kids get up close
(which seemed to work out not totally badly last time, so why not do it that
That is the other option if we want to use the whole 20x32 area.The kids
came close alot but never did any damage.We can of course decide upon this

I agree,moving track back is a option.Ps ignore my last post to you:-)
If we don't have a barrier, we could move the track back from the edge 1/2 to 1
plate to protect the trains.  If we go to a 16x28 area it becomes difficult to
lay out the tables and the inside area gets pretty small.