Re: A more centrelized michigan meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 11:08:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Tony Hedglen writes:

This is where I think a small city would come in handy. My opinion a big
downtown would not look good in a small display. Don’t get me wrong, the
skyscrapers are very impressive. The monorail is really cool to have going
though a city, but I think smaller displays need smaller cities. I’m
thinking of something like Ann Arbor. It would have a nice sized train yard
but the downtown would be smaller with smaller buildings. I do think we need
more train related stuff for just an occasion. We could focus more on train
stuff with a smaller display. I also agree with Scott on the "Lego"
buldings. Costum buildins would be more impressive. In my own opinion of
course. I would like to hear what people think the smaller display would
look like.

One thing I think we need to do is work on crowding. At the January GATS,
each building had a huge open area around it. If skyscrapers are included,
they need to be crammed together. This has two advantages: More realistic,
and takes less space. Even lowrise and single story could benefit from
crowding. About the only area that I thought was crowded enough was the
subdivision. But of course at that show there was a lot of area to fill.