 Local / United States / Michigan / 470
Re: A more centrelized michigan meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 20:23:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Scott Sanburn writes:
Steve & All,

I think the Lansing area is a good place to hold a meeting.  I'm getting
kind of booked for weekends, but I'll try to make it to whenever you can
hold it.

Also, having a definite agenda would be a good idea.  Not that every
minute needs to be chock full of planned activity, but if stuff needs to
be accomplished, let's make sure we know it.

We definately need to plan for three things:
1) Sci-Fi Show
2) GATS
3) Tony's non-sanctioned event

We need a rough idea of what we can do at GATS, if that space is all we
have, we need to brainstorm to determine what we need or don't need to
bring. I think we can cut down the numebr of stock LEGO buildings for one.

Has anyone heard from Steve, the guy who had the rubber band LEGO gun at • Kai's?
He had a big switchyard with a roundhouse. IS he still coming?

If there's a plan for the July GATS show layout, that should be
discussed.  What's definitely going to be there, what's still needed, is
there room in the layout for other stuff, etc...

Scott and all,

  I'm still here, haven't followed the posts in a couple weeks, had a lot of
catching up to do.
  Anyway, yes I am still on for the GATS show. I worked out a couple of basic
layouts on track designer but they were the 24'x24' and the larger size that
we discussed.  I would like to know the actual size that we will have at GR so
I can propose a layout that we can all start working from.  If we can circulate
a proposal layout to everyone participating, I think it will be usefull for
locating buildings and give us a head start on the next meeting.
  I currently have built for the show, a roundhouse w/turntable, a large engine
house which holds the BigBoy and a 4-8-4, a water tower, a switch tower, and a
freight station.