Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 00:07:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Trevor Pruden writes:
Why don't we have a major invasion scene using outragious alien tech or even
some WWII/WWIII setting - then you can just demolish half the buildings, and
scale won't matter anymore.

Then you can have minifigs running for their lives, others trying to escape
on trains, some trains with big guns or ICBMs, and snipers on the rooftops
and hand-to-hand combat on the streets with pitchforks and pickaxes.

I just watched "Enemy at the gates" on Friday night - the movie involving
the German invasion of Stalingrad in the middle of WWII.

Um...this is not to discredit anyone - it was just a general thought.  Does
it sound totally stupid?  I'm just fielding ideas.

Actually, I had thought about this after our sci-fi show.  I think it could
be kind of cool--as long as it didn't take over the display.  A UFO or other
alien craft landing in somebody's backyard could be awesome...  And if it
gets another member of the club involved in the train shows, I'm all for it!
I'd rather see aliens than human wars though...

Peter