  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

Rick, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I think a 6-baseplate meijer's is way too big for a number of reasons. First off, we're not going to have THAT much more space than in GR, and you and Kai are already talking Army and Navy bases. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

(...) I am thinking of cancelling the Navy Base AND the meijers for concerns with rare pieces. Rick (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

Peter & All, (...) you (...) Actually, the GATS people said we can have as much as we want. So there goes that. (...) Now, Peter, that's not a little bit of an exaggeration, it is an insulting exaggeration, frankly. We don't have a scale standard, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

(...) No, actually, they didn't quite say that. I was there; they said we could certainly have more. And Chris made a tentative request for an amount of space, which is what I was going on with my comment. But if we're going to expand significantly, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

I have decided to concentrate on something else for GATS. I too will be cancling my bases (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

Why don't we have a major invasion scene using outragious alien tech or even some WWII/WWIII setting - then you can just demolish half the buildings, and scale won't matter anymore. Then you can have minifigs running for their lives, others trying (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  (canceled)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

(...) BOOyaka! (...) You are evil Trev... But hey! Finally a use for our Sci-Fi models! (...) Good ideas, but I am pro-military too. Biased Alert! Rick (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

(...) Umm Amy it was great, don't even THINK about saying it wasn't interesting enough!I saw a ton of people pointing to it at the show.Besides it must have been pretty good considering GATS put a picture of it on there web page. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

(...) Actually, I had thought about this after our sci-fi show. I think it could be kind of cool--as long as it didn't take over the display. A UFO or other alien craft landing in somebody's backyard could be awesome... And if it gets another member (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

Amy, I definitely thought your cathedral was worth the space, as was Scott's Shell station and Jason's factory (which with an interior will be even better!) My concern is twofold: -We don't want everybody in the club building huge footprint (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

(...) I am sticking with the 2x3 Footprint, granted I can get the thing on a side, where the chop-off effect off the tables causes the perspective to seem like the parking lot is not shown. Also, I am wondering how I am doing the inside, because I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

Rick I had a couple ideas about the Meijer's. First a Meijer's parking lot usually has a gas station or banfk in it maybe you could coordinate with Scott. Also if there is a large open space (the parking lot) have some non-building thing in it. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Parts for Meijers in GATS

(...) Protestors protesting the Gungan in the meat dept? And here I thought that all red-blooded humans would love the gamey taste of minced Gungan...this won't bode well for my union of Gungan canners... ~Trev (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)