Subject:
I may consider selling/trading my Metroliner if anyone is interested.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:12:05 GMT

Hi Guys,

I have a metroliner set that I haven't used in a while.  Its a great set,
but I'm kind of sick of it and prefer my other train.  So, if I can get some
reasonable value for it, then I'll sell it.  I'd prefer selling to trading
because I can use that money to buy exactly the parts I want on Brickbay
(unless you happen to have a LOT of my high value parts).

Anyhow, here is exactly what I'm selling;

The metroliner train (just the 3 carriages with the 6 minifigs - no track,
truck, controller, platform, crossing, etc). The train has been built once
and never dissassembled.  It is in excellent shape and shows no obvious
signs of wear.

The train is missing the following (common) pieces.  They can all be ordered
from S&H fairly cheaply:
1 train coupler
2 wheel sets
1 wire from engine to light and the light (I could probably find these if
they are really important to you).

The instructions for the entire set are included.  They are in excellent
condition.

This set has been going for $400-$500 on Brickbay/Ebay when its sealed in a
new box.  Obviously, I would expect to get significantly less with an
open-box version that is missing some parts and doesn't include the tracks
and controller.  However, the train itself is the main high value component
of this set, and the condition is excellent, so I would still expect several
hundred $$.  I will consider money and trade (which will put the cost down
significantly).