Re: Gift for LUCNY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 05:27:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Rudy writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Kevin Salm writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:

So far, the show layout track designs I've been messing with seem to call
for extra straights, so I may call upon your supply for a brief loan.  I'm
going to swing by LEGOland CA later this week to pick some up.  Anybody need
anything?

Ed
Ed,
Have fun at LL!  We'll all be cursing...er...Wishing you the best time. :)
I don't know what Xmas Promos they are running, but, If it's possible, and
you get an extra, maybe we could come up with an adequite trade/purchase
price for a Promo Brick?

One of those $6.00 Gift Box Sets would be nice as well, if you can manage...

I can manage, of course!  However, I've noticed that they may have made a
substitution in comparison to last year...see
http://news.lugnet.com/legoland/california/?n=449

Oh, man...the gift box set is uninspired, especially compared to last year.
I overheard some Moms complaining about it.  I was too embarassed to take a
picture of the actual set, and I wanted to avoid looking like this was
something cool that I *wanted* to take a picture of:

(arggh...brickshelf just quit w/a 505 error on my upload - I'll post it later)

Well anyway, that was a picture of this 8x8 stud block of red bricks with a
2 stud stripe of white bricks down the center of two opposing sides.  The
top had a mass of crude white plate arrangements in a bow.

I didn't buy any - sorry, but I think you'd make the same call.  I didn't
see one sold all day, and it was supposed to be a feature item!  Worth about
$2.00.

No promo bricks today, and the MC I asked thought there wouldn't be any at all.
*sigh*

...There was an unannounced tent sale in the parking lot however!...

If they still have any Green road plates available, I would like some of each
except curves.  Straights would be most useful to me.  If there is a sale on
Green baseplates, those might be handy, too.

Ohkee-doughkee.  I see Amazon has green baseplates for $5.24:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000JIVS/qid=1040190853/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-2707489-2016005?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

...and straights for $6.74:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000JIWQ/qid=1040190933/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-2707489-2016005?v=glance&s=toys

...but I'll pick some up unless you stop me before Wednesday night, since it
appears that Amazon inflated prices before their reductions.

Kev - I've got two sets of straights, one tee, and one cross for you.  I'll
have them for you at the show, if we don't meet before then.

I placed an order from S@H this week and included 4 boxes of straight rails, so
that will help our layout a bit.  I can give you a new total count if you
need it, Ed.
Having extra track on hand for the show will be a good thing.  We might want
some from Wayne--and especially points.  I don't think we have heard if John
Rudy will be able to provide us some track or not.

Yup, Kev, I have...
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/lucny/?n=687

Looks like we're in pretty good shape, but more is better :^)  My goal was
150 straights to get a double loop for a layout that's 12x16' or so.  Man, I
gotta post those TD layouts...

I walked right up to the track they had in the Big Shop and didn't get any.
Long story, but I'll get some.

Did you get the reference photos for our building day "project"?
I've been doodling a few designs for other buildings in classes (Christmas
Break, T minus 3 days and counting), so I'm working out ideas.

__Kevin

BTW, while I'm posting, Walmart in Fairmount and TRU in Dewitt both have
2003 LEGO...Sparse, but there...

I purchased the Johnny Thunder River Boat Set for kicks, they had the
elephant and tiger sets at TRU as well...
My Mom told me about Fairmount, so I don't know what they had, but I think
she said Star Wars...

-John Rudy