  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

I took some time last night to give myself some geometry lessons. The results are pleasing. I can be a tad more flexible because it just so happens that each bay is 16 wide at the start of the track that leads into the bay (16x (x) baseplates). I (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

I also planned for that one special steam train of mine to be in the Roundhouse. Only issue is that its ALOT longer then two straight tracks. In turn, I decided to make the entry way and Bay 6 a straight-thru bay so, I can have my Steamer parked (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) ;-)) Who said it would be a one week projekt? (...) But at this point I wanted to throw in another hint: - Do you think a turntable of 32 Studs is enough for all of your engines (and the ones you might build in future? (But as long as your (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) It's not in use but there is a moderately huge roundhouse sitting right in downtown Toronto (near the CN Tower). It's now a distillery or something, but the building looks great! I keep meaning to take pics of that area sometime, to see if I (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) You'd be suprised, sometimes 24 hours is all I need. (...) I agree with you, I did some thinking about this and as I mentioned built into the design a method for a LONGER then 32 stud engine. Looking at all my engines, It seems that I keep the (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

<snip> (...) Sure there's roundhouses still in use! About two hours south of LUCNY in Scanton, PA: (URL) keep diesels out of the bays) I've taken tours of that particular roundhouse several times, and it's immense. It's a real working piece of (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) Thanks for the links Ed! This one is really impressing: (URL) to see some real designs. Most roundhouses I know are from model railroaders... So far I have only seen one in real live (just 30km away from here, but no longer in use). Regards, (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) I would go 48 if I could. But I should hasten to point out that it is prototypical for engines not to fit on the turntable in US practice. It happened fairly frequently. The most common solution was to service the engine in the stall that was (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) That's true. I'd recommend 48 if LUCNY had real estate right now to display Wayne's design, but we don't. I think starting with a 32 would be prototypical and fit our table design. (...) Yes, that's also true. Steamtown's table is large, but (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) It depends. Does Via count as a class 1 line? How about CP? Victoria still has its roundhouse, used for the Budd cars. (which, btw, will be around until at least the 15th of june...its a on-again, off-again issue here, the E&N is not going to (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)