Re: Maze robot testing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:25:46 GMT

On Thu, February 2, 2006 10:57 am, John Brost wrote:
One other inquiry.  Does anybody know what material the walls are made of?
Specifically, would the smooth side of studless beams slide along it smoothly?
I know A-mazeing has a wheel on the side to help roll along the wall, but if I
don't use any wheels, am I asking for lots of trouble?

What will happen if you hit a big (1/4 inch) bump in the wall?  Will it stop
you?

The walls are very smooth.  But, there are places where they join together.
Here are some old pictures Kerby posted:

http://www.ffni.com/~kerby/NEIRG/NEIRG.html

Look close at this:
http://www.ffni.com/~kerby/NEIRG/NEIRG-Pages/Image5.html

The field is made of 4, 4x8 ft tables.  You can see where they are joined
together, counting up to the fourth line.  You can also see the lip in the field
floor.  These are the things that shouldn't be a problem.  But they are.

Steve