Subject:
Maze robot testing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:23:24 GMT

I've been thinking about putting together a maze robot for NEIRG.  Last night it
went from "thinking" to "doing" as I built a prototype.  Now I'm wondering, how
do I test thing thing?  I've never really spent much time making a maze running
robot, and I'm not really sure how to test it.  For those of you who have built
maze running robots before for NEIRG, what sort of test setup did you use?

Also, if I recall correctly, the surface of the NEIRG maze isn't exactly
perfectly uniform.  Does anybody have any hints about what to avoid in robot
design/programming that will keep me from having surface-related problems in the
maze?

John