Re: 3T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:31:23 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

That's a really good picture.  I agree that we only need to
allow the space on the side, not in front/back.

   Agreed on both points - thanks for doing the graphics, John.

Permanent connections would be allowed to the playing field
in the "neutral zone" or common area as long as they are no
taller than 1 brick and 1 plate high.

   What if two robots both want to make "permanent connections" to the same
areas of the neutral space, and they go head-to-head? I'm not sure I see how
anything other than a flat baseplate works in the neutral zone (or am I missing
something here?).

Yesterday my robot dropped its first cube fully automatically

Very cool.  It sounds like you're ahead of the rest of us.

   Although I'm close - just ask my wife & kids, I've got subassemplies dropping
blocks all over the livingroom floor. It does sound like yours is doing well,
John. How are you finding NQC?

   On the subject of 3T, how about white always goes first (like in chess)? That
way if you want, the 3T robot can potentially autodetect if it moves first or
second. Also, what is the handoff proceedure? A single press on a touch sensor,
which is then released (after, say, 1 second)? I'm thinking of building a touch
sensor into my robot so I can just provide a wire connection to the opponent,
and having the signalling touch sensor normally open allows sensor stacking.

--
Brian Davis