Re: 3T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:31:12 GMT

This weekend we discussed adding the additional 4-studs of clearance to the
side, the back, and/or both.  Which is it?  For my purely selfish reasons, I'd
like no additional clearance requirements on the back (my side of the board) but
the side would be fine as far as I'm concerned.  However if some people really
need more, I guess I can re-design and hopefully make it work with an additional
clearance requirement.  This is how I would like to see the board layout...
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1524507.
Permanent connections would be allowed to the playing field in the "neutral
zone" or common area as long as they are no taller than 1 brick and 1 plate
high.

My 3T update:

Yesterday my robot dropped its first cube fully automatically in a game for the
first time and even played an couple whole games.  Cubes are not exactly
dropping in the squares, but I think a few adjustments to the rotation sensor
values for each square will fix that for the most part.  I've got it playing
black (second) pretty good.  After the first 1 or 2 moves it plays decent
defense.  Code is probably 85% done (12 pages and counting).  I need to
hard-code the first few moves to make sure it doesn't do something stupid.  I
haven't tried playing white yet, but it SHOULD work okay.  LEGO lamps are on
order so I can use my light sensor anywhere (not just my kitchen table) and be
able to distinguish between white cube, black cube, and empty square.

John