Re: tic-tac-toe bots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:00:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Why does it need to be limited to a single RCX?

Of all the people who are likely to participate, can you think of any that are
limited to one RCX?

Also, it doesn't have to be "one" robot.  You could make a robot that plays the game
from one side of the board, and another that clears the board from an adjacent side.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Steve

It just seems like we would probably be handing 1st place (or the top few spots)
to builders who had the time & resources to build 2 rcx robots or 2 separate
robots.  I'm not sure we should do this.  Yes, most people who are likely to
participate have the resources to field multiple-rcx entries.  But not everybody
could (or would want to).  Do we want to "require" multiple RCX entries to be
competitive?

I don't know.

John