Re: tic-tac-toe bots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:40:21 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

John Brost wrote:

actually making a robot do this could be really tough
with a single RCX

   To address the first point, take a look at the large number of solutions to
the "Project X" challeng in the rtlToronto newsgroup. One of the first things I
built as a new Mindstorms user was a Project X 'bot, *because* I was curious how
to do it with just one RCX. You're right, it makes for an interesting challenge,
but a good one. that said...

Why does it need to be limited to a single RCX?

   Agreed, it doesn't need to be, although (much like the challenge of
compressing Steve's connect four solution into a single RIS kit) it could be a
fun thing to do. But I don't think it's a neccessary limit. Hey, Project X was
*won* by a single RCX solution after all.

You could make a robot that plays the game
from one side of the board, and another that
clears the board from an adjacent side.

   Hehe... is there any limit to how, um, violently the game board can be
cleared?

   Also, after talking & thinking about this, I'm thinking about building a
robot to learn to play the classic game of 3-5-7 Nim. That should be a fun demo.
Anybody can beat it initally, but the more you play...

--
Brian Davis