Re: November Minutes and Todo List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:19:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Thomas Garrison writes:

Dinner for the December meetings is, I believe, still unresolved.

Weren't we going to have a cookout? Or did you guys decide it would be too cold?

IndyLUG To Do
6.  Baseplates.  It would be nice to cover all the tables with baseplates.
With the contributions, it should be mostly covered, but if everyone
brought any spare green baseplates to the next meeting we can be sure.  Put a
sticker or masking tape on the bottom with your name.  We can especially use

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3865

        I can bring two of these.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4187

        I think I can bring two of these as well.

Do we need any 32x32 basplates in green or blue? Any 16X32 tan? I know we
were talking about having a beach.

9.  We could still use ideas for how to tie the baseplates together with
something more subtle than 2x2 green bricks.  Sidewalks? Street signs?
Plants?

Actually, if it's not too much trouble, I think the connectors could be
variable based on the nature of the area. We would use sidewalks where they
would make sense (e.g. my block), plants in less developed areas, and other
material elsewhere.

I'm not thrilled withe the idea of using bricks to connect the baseplates
because they really stand out. Would plates be better? S@H is introducing a
new bulk pack of assorted 2x green plates in mid December and now avaible
for pre-order.
(http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7B4EF80E8A%2DDAC1%2D11D6%2D8039%2D00065BA09B53%7D)
The price per stud is 91 studs/$. Would these be better?

One more thing...I have the following list of small details that could add a
lot to the layout that we probably want a set design for:
- traffic lights
- sidewalks - 4x lt. gray plates?
- bus stops
- benches - I would suggest using Steve M.'s design

What do you think?

-L