Re: Is IndyLug meeting anytime soon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:26:11 GMT

I'll give GATS a call to see what the deal is to get invited to exhibit. We
need to know roughly how much space we need for the layout, but we can
figure that out once we get invited there. I've been involved with planning
these shows when I was at WAMALUG and several train clubs, so I can help
coordinate it.

GATS is sending me an application and a list of shows. We basically tell
them how much space we need, and they leave that much space open for us.
They have shows in Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, which wouldn't be too bad to
go to, I don't think. Heck, I can get there almost as fast as to Steve's
house. :)

I had posted this before, but I'll do it again here. For things like track
(rail and monorail) and road plates, it would probably be a good idea to
label whose stuff is whose before we get to the show. I don't like marking
my pieces, but if the mark is on the bottom (small dots would be good
enough) it won't be noticeable. I just picked up a large batch of track and
a second set of monorail track that I can contribute to the cause, as well
as a slew of road plates and as many fire stations as you need. Vehicles and
buildings are easier to keep track of, but track and road plates all look
the same.

I'm also going to create a membership database online so that you can
register at indylug.org as a member. That will let you (all) maintain your
own membership information instead of me or someone trying to keep track of it.

BTW, I'm getting done with my out-of-town gig on August 16th and am looking
forward to being back in Indy all the time after that.

Eric