 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 47 (-20)
  Re: NYCLUG, Anyone?

(...) IMHO, overlap of groups/territory is a Very Good Thing. For example, even though NELUG officially includes NT state, it's really mostly today a Greater Boston Area group, for most practical purposes. (Might change in the future, who knows, but (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: NYCLUG, Anyone?

(...) Such a group already exists and it's called GardenSLUG, covering NJ, NY, and PA. Another group, NELUG, has Boston covered and another, WAMALUG takes care of Baltimore. See (URL) for more about these groups. GardenSLUG got started back in July. (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Get on the Gardenslug Announcements mail list!

Attention Gardenslug Members and Interested Persons in NJ, NYC/NY, PA, DE, wherever: In case you didn't know about it, there is a mail list for announcements and planning Gardenslug meetings. Use this web page to get on the list: (URL) run on pair, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.de)

  Get on the Gardenslug Announcements mail list!

Attention Gardenslug Members and Interested Persons in NJ, NYC/NY, PA, DE, wherever: In case you didn't know about it, there is a mail list for announcements and planning Gardenslug meetings. Use this web page to get on the list: (URL) run on pair, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: How do I join?

(...) One way is to invite us over to your house. (: We'll bring Lego and pizza and have good conversations. That's the club's business, so far. There's not really a joining process right now. Just attend a meeting. The flu this week is making me (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Next Meeting: Sat Oct 7 2pm at Erik's

Hello all, We have the flu at my house. I'm on the mend but I don't think it's a good idea to have company. (You can get the vaccine the easy way at your doctor.) I suggest trying the next weekend, Saturday Oct 14. I'm wondering if Sunday would work (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.ny)

  How do I join?

Hi all, I live in Flemington NJ and would like to be a part of GardenSLUG. How do I go about this? My collection consists of mostly trains. I'm in the process of building a main street for the town.. THanks Jim (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Next Meeting: Sat Oct 6 2pm at Erik's

(...) I'm basically just responding to this to send it out to the .loc groups. If you're within driving distance of NYC or Philly, check out GardenSLUG and GET INVOLVED! Chris (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.ny)

  Re: Next Meeting: Sat Oct 7 2pm at Erik's

That should have read Sat Oct 7! (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Next Meeting: Sat Oct 6 2pm at Erik's

Next Meeting: Sat Oct 6 2pm at Erik's My apologies for not putting the notice here. Not everyone has been informed yet. Email me for directions on getting here. Or join the maillist and I'll send it there again. The list (see earlier posts here) (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Hello all

Hi everybody, my name is Dan Allen, but my nickname is Dead or Deadmaker. I am interested in becoming GardenSlug's newest member. I live in Southern NJ, so my house is not very good for haveing a meeting at(assuming most of you are in the New York (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Need anything?

Hey, Anyone need anything from continental Europe? ;) I have two huge toy stores here in Leiden, and I also have some nearby shell stations with a limited sassortment of promotional sets. (I know the pitstop one is available.) Otherwise, everything (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  A GardenSLUG ?

Hello all. I haven't been able to sit down with a calendar to see when I am available for our next meeting, but I will try to do that this weekend. But, on another note, I was building, and came up with a little something: (URL) he/she cute? -Andy (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: So when's the next meeting?

I'll also put my foot down! Try to email me by the end of Wednesday 8/23, so maybe we can start soliciting for a host by Thursday. Purdy please. See? This slug has a steel-like backbone!!! (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: So when's the next meeting?

Unless someone wants to volunteer right now, I still think it would help to know what dates people just can't make it, since that at least narrows down the possibilities and would also help the person who does end up hosting nail down a better date (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: So when's the next meeting?

(...) Here's what needs to happen: Someone (like I did before) decide that they're hosting it. (Not, could host it, but _will_ host it.) Then, that someone try to find a date that works for as many people as possible. Once you find out that almost (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  Re: Gardenslug Jambalaya box?

(...) Cool. (...) So you're imagining it only for the members to trade with at meetings? I guess that might facilitate trades, but in those cases, it would be generally easy to just offer trades to people. (...) OK, that's a little twist. I like the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Mailing List Started!

I went ahead and created a mailing list. Use this web page to join it: (URL) some people will feel more comfortable with posting to the list stuff like what weekends they're not home, though the important thing is what weekends people prefer. It's (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Start a Mailing List?

I think it is a good idea to have a private club email list. The main use would be to post instructions to your home, privately instead of publicly on org.us.gardenslug. Think of sensitive information like "I'm out of town these weekends... Here's (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  So when's the next meeting?

Subject says it all. I think we should try to nail down a specific date and time. The sooner I find out about the date the better the chance I can make it. I'd also be willing to act as a host. I live in New City in Rockland County, NY (about 5-10 (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact