 Organizations / United States / BayLUG / 443
  NGLTC/Dixielug member coming to Bay area July 30-Aug 1st

Hey everybody, If you're not familiar with me, I'm an NGLTC and dixielug member, and I'm going to be making a quick visit to the San Jose area July 30-Aug 1st on official business (conducting employee training). Wouldn't mind meeting up with a few (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: NGLTC/Dixielug member coming to Bay area July 30-Aug 1st

Oddly enough, we already had another person email to say they would be in the area over the same period (Tim Strutt). The 31st sounds destined to happen at this rate... (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: NGLTC/Dixielug member coming to Bay area July 30-Aug 1st

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA! :-) Russell BayLUB/BayLTC (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: NGLTC/Dixielug member coming to Bay area July 30-Aug 1st

(...) Hm...this sounds like it might be fun... I'll be training employees with my training parter (who just happens to be a GMLTC member...now, if you're wondering what a "training team" of a NGLTC/Dixielug member and GMLTC member are doing...just (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: NGLTC/Dixielug member coming to Bay area July 30-Aug 1st

(...) Cars are useful for getting *to* SF, but not for getting around *in* SF. You're much better off riding the excellent subways, trolleys, and buses than trying to find a parking space in SF. Having a car in SF is almost as much of a liability as (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: NGLTC/Dixielug member coming to Bay area July 30-Aug 1st

(...) Bill, The only NY comparision I wanted to make was against Pizza--just a little barb and comment on Pizza. I've been to a few places doing this training, and each one is different--that's the best part! I prefer to go for more local places (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: NGLTC/Dixielug member coming to Bay area July 30-Aug 1st

(...) Oh - I thought it was a national chain, like Pizza Hut. Anyway, they're not fabulous. Never heard of Ground Round. (...) Caltrain and BART are pretty good, especially if SF is your destination. You can get a $6 pass that gives you unlimited (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: NGLTC/Dixielug member coming to Bay area July 30-Aug 1st

(...) I don't suppose you were up for training LEGO retail employees? Mat (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  LEGO Company's Retail Division Expands throughout (Northern) California

Bill, Mat, Scott as well as anyone else in Northern California, Did you see the link that Rob Antonishen <ffaat@sympatico.del...ispart.ca> posted earlier about a news article he read from a Google News service. To cut to the chase, it says.... "LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb)