 Organizations / United States / BayLUG / 453
Re: NGLTC/Dixielug member coming to Bay area July 30-Aug 1st
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:41:46 GMT

I'm not clear on what makes a pizza NY style as opposed to otherwise,
so I can't really say.  Paradise Pizza (if we go there) is a somewhat
soft crust, though not as much as the Chicago style pizza I've had.  I
think of it as California style pizza.  :-)  The other option that's
been discussed is Round Table, and you probably already know what
that's like.

Expecting California to be like NY is probably going to disappoint you
anyway.  I suggest you go in looking for it to be its own unique
experience and not judge it based on something else.

Bill,

The only NY comparision I wanted to make was against Pizza--just a little barb and comment on Pizza.  I've been to a few places doing this training, and each one is different--that's the best part!   I prefer to go for more local places than national chains--like you said...soak up the experience.  Burger King/Wendy's is the same wherever you go (however, you can almost never beat a Frosty on a warm day).  Thanks for the train tip--I've never been out to SF, so it's totally new to me.  That's why I want to see SF...I do love to travel, and getting to do it on the company dollar is always fun--that's where knowing locals is a plus (Granted, if you're ever in Atlanta, you're required to hit the Varsity--part of Atlanta history)

I've never heard of Round Table before.  Is that something like "Ground Round"
in the east?  (Peanut shells on the floor, family-style meals)

I'm still debating on the car...but the train tip is quite useful!

Once we meet up, I'll drop the official bomb on what I'm doing in San
Jose...trust me..y'all will LOVE it!  (oops, bit of southern speak getting
out..:)

Scott