 Organizations / United States / 527
  Re: Age limitations

After reading Shiri's eloquent posts, I figured out a possible solution to the age problem. Not really anybody can be unsympathetic to Shiri's cause, but there is the other side of the coin. The concerns about the maturity of members is legitimate. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Thank you, Jude. This is *exactly* what this discussion needs: people willing to look at the opposing side's viewpoint, willing to try to understand it, and willing to work *with* that viewpoint to get things done. Fact: People in NELUG have (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) [actual proposal snipped] This sounds reasonable, but I have two crucial problems with it. First, as I've said before, I really do not want to be in the position of judging people. That's not a fun task for anyone -- easier when you accept, of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) It was done at a meeting, and I would like to make sure that any *further* votes and discussion of this sort are held at meetings. For one thing, NELUG does extend membership to anyone, regardless of physical location (yes, yes, anyone over (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I think if this is the case, then NELUG is far more BostonLUG than anything else. I live in Lowell, I work in Andover. Getting into Boston is both difficult and time-consuming for me, especially on a weekday evening. I can only imagine that (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I would (depending on other factors). I had a girlfriend who lived in Lowell at one point; it's really not a very long drive at all, especially for a once-in-a-while thing like NELUG meetings. eric (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)