 Organizations / United States / 564
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 18:18:25 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

Second (and please, please, please don't take this the wrong way), attending
meetings shows a greater concern for the club than casually saying "I am a
member".  There are people who are *constantly* present at meetings, and I will
always hold their opinions as fully active and participating members over those
of someone who shows up once or twice, or someone who joins from Australia or
Siberia [1].  I think that's only fair.

I think if this is the case, then NELUG is far more BostonLUG than anything
else.  I live in Lowell, I work in Andover.  Getting into Boston is both difficult

and time-consuming for me, especially on a weekday evening. I can only imagine
that this is even worse for people who don't even live in the state, but who are
still
within the New England borders.

Is this really the way NELUG is supposed to be?

If I offered to hold a NELUG meeting in Lowell, would anybody come?